There were over half a million incidents reported by the Fire & Rescue Service in 2021/22 and tragically 272 fatalities that year.
Of the 577,000 incidents attended, just under half were false alarms, there were 152,608 fires, which were up on the year previous and fatalities increased from 237 the previous year.
Last Wednesday 14th June, an evening silent walk took place in London, in memory of the Grenfell incident, the residents are still calling for action from The UK Government for Societal Change and remain frustrated by the lack of criminal charges to those who the residents feel should be held responsible.
We are currently recruiting for multiple roles for Fire Stoppers, these are usually members of the construction team and are qualified in a Level 2 in Passive Fire Protection (Fire Stopping)
The Role of a Fire Stopper or Fire Protection Installer includes:
- Adhering to strict Health and Safety guidelines
- Be able to read plans/drawings and follow guidance.
- Competently use access equipment and adhere to working at height regulations.
- Be capable to install thermal and acoustic insulation, fire seals, fire-resistant ducting and cavity barriers, plus constructing fire-resistant walls and ceilings.
- Demonstrate a capability to install dry cladding, intumescent or mineral sprays.
To gain the qualification you will have worked on new build sites, either commercial or larger domestic developments and have probably had experience working in another trade, eg Painting and Decorating, plastering, carpentry or joinery.
A Fire stopper may also be called into a building after a fire inspection and there are breaches to the integrity of the building, possibly after the installation of new services.
Our team at Axiom has construction experience and if you are looking to recruit Fire Stoppers or any other construction trades for your site, please get in touch today for an initial free consultation.