Commercial Account Handler/ Business Development
Here at Axiom, we are currently seeking a Commercial Account Handler with experience in Commercial Insurance. The client is a highly reputable organisation based on the East London/ Essex border. They will be offering a salary of £17,000 - £28,000 + commission dependent on experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all Key Performance Indicators are achieved (new business, renewals, cross selling) and are attained compliantly with FSA regulation.
- Supervision of office in absence of office manager
- Specialist Areas – Commercial Combined, Liability, Motor Trade & Motor Fleet
- Be aware of the contents of the company’s Compliance Manual and ensure a full understanding of the following chapters, as a direct relation to the role. Ensure full compliance to the procedures contained within the Manual:
o Consumer Business
o General conduct of business
o Training and Competence
o Commercial Business
- Ensure compliance to the company’s employment policies and procedures as contained within the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure all other company practises and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Develop existing knowledge and skills to ensure all requirements of the role can be performed in an effective, resourceful and professional manner. This includes reading material as directed, completing on going training on Broker Assess and attending educational courses/meetings at this office or other venues, meeting with the requirements of the FSA.
Treating Customers Fairly:
- All employees are responsible for engaging with the senior management of the firm in ensuring that our customers are consistently treated fairly and for observing all of the firm’s TCF procedures.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both client and insurer in all aspects of the role:
o New business
o Mid Term Adjustments
o Premium financing arrangements
- Ensure bad debt queries are dealt with efficiently and in line with company procedure.
- Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and company procedures as detailed in the compliance manual – use checklists and support documentation as provided by the company to assist with demonstrating compliance.
- Handle any complaints in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for own development as required.
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards at all times.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all clients and ensure expert advice in all areas of business.
- Proactively and enthusiastically prospect potential new clients, through company marketing campaigns and promotional activities in line with company procedures.
- Actively secure renewal business by re-broking existing business to ensure the client is presented with the most suitable and cost effective cover.
- Promote and increase the use of in house premium finance, from insurer schemes.
- Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems, to the Director
- Ensure personal data (client and employee) is secure, held and properly utilised in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
- Prioritise all client communication and ensure it is actioned in a timely way and in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain all computer and paper files in accordance with company standards (which should be fully compliant)
Axiom Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Salary: £18,000 - £28,000
Job Duration: Permanent
First Advertised: 30/08/2018
Closing Date: 30/09/2018
For more information or if you would like to apply for this job, please use the links below.