Health, Safety & Quality Systems Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Health, Safety and Quality Systems Engineer (HSQSE) for one of our large clients. The role is to lead and promote Health and Safety and monitor that Safety related processes, including risk assessments and training, are being completed. The HSQSE is also responsible for maintaining company Quality Management System in line with quality standards such as ISO 9001.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
• To advise and assist Managers and other persons involved in organising, controlling and maintaining a Safe and healthy environment for work.
• To implement Health and Safety procedures and develop local work procedures to comply with Legal obligations.
• To lead risk assessment process, devise and review risk assessments and ensure all off - standard jobs are assessed prior to under taking.
• To investigate reports of near misses and accidents – determine their cause and make recommendations for improving recurrence. Ensure lessons learnt are shared across other areas.
• To maintain a system for recording, reporting and investigating injuries and accidents in customer premises. Provide reports and statistics to Management.
• Prepare and coordinate Health and Safety audit/ process confirmations – track audit recommendations are being implemented.
• Maintain effective communication with all staff, maintain Safety board and metrics and assist with regular communication to staff.
• Ensure Safety inductions are carried out in line with company procedures.
• To aid Managers and Supervisors with development of visual aids to assist with training and learning of staff.
• To ensure all processes are documented and controlled in line with company procedures.
• To assist with the implementation of Visual Management to reduce quality related issues.
• To lead external audit process ensuring all areas of concern are tracked to closure.
• To perform process audits and track concerns.
• Train relevant staff in root cause analysis as required. Must have a hands-on approach and be capable of working with and coaching staff at all levels.
• Maintain a close working relationship with the customer – actively engage in all customer Quality improvement initiatives.
We are keen to speak with candidates who can provide the following skills/experience:
• NEBOSH qualified.
• Previous experience of working in a similar role is essential(manufacturing).
• Capable of working on own initiative with minimal Supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain a good working relationship with staff at all levels.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
• Ability to write reports and Operating Instructions.
Starting salary for this role will be circa £32,000 per annum
Location: Dagenham, Essex
Job Duration: Permanent
First Advertised: 12/03/2015
Closing Date: 31/03/2015
For more information or if you would like to apply for this job, please use the links below.